Tuesday, June 3, 2014

:: Chevron Dress ::

The first piece of stitchery for my summer wardrobe -
 
Please excuse the wrinkles, I've already worn and washed it. I absolutely love this pattern, so simple and so comfortable. The only modifications I made was to add the pockets and the bias tape stripe, which I also placed on the inside hem of the sleeves. I felt it needed just a little something to jazz it up.  I didn't gather the sleeves either, I think the gathers make my arms look twice as fat as they already are, so not necessary. ☺
 
I'm planning on stitching up a storm this summer as I'm so tired of the lack of simple summer dresses and skirts in our shops.  There's nothing I find more comfortable than a simple cotton dress on a hot summers day, but apparently the shops here are only interested in shorts and capris with t-shirts.  I wonder why that is?
 
The next pattern on my list is New Look A6262.  Patterns are so expensive, but these New Look patterns were less than $3.00 so buying one and not liking it is not a huge risk. 
 
Does anyone have any recommendations on simple summer dresses?
 
I'd love to hear if others are sewing for themselves this summer.
 
Toodles...L x ♥

3 comments:

  1. I haven't worn a dress for years as I can't find one I like at any price! I used to make a lot of my own clothes but having had a couple of real disasters I haven't tried recently - maybe I should as I also can't find a skirt long enough in a style I like either. Jeans seem to be my mainstay these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im always sewing, but sadly not for moi. Ive started doing clothing/curtain alterations, well it pays and I dont have to advertise, not the ideal job though. Its not too bad when get going, but I must prefer sewing for myself. especially now the warmer weather is just around the corner. Love the smock dress and what a good price for a sewing pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the dress, I am trying to start some sewing that doesn't involve beads!! Thank you for your purchase on my etsy, I have dispatched :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I very much appreciate your comments.