Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Blue Jay

 
I love this little bright blue guy who comes to our bird feeder each day.  He only comes when the feeder is quiet, no sign of the finches or sparrows or even the lovely cardinal I saw on Monday and who sadly hasn't been back yet.
 When he first starting coming, about three weeks ago, he flitted about very nervously, flying off if I so much as moved whilst I sat at my desk in the dining room. He would only pick the seed up that had fallen on the ground.
 But now he has mastered taking them off the bird feeder and tapping his beak on the fence railing as he eats them.  I tried so hard to catch him on the camera, but every time I moved he darted off.   He must be camera shy.
 As the weeks have passed Mr Blue Jay has become more relaxed, and not so shy about me watching him from a distance.  Today I was able to snap photo after photo. He must have come to the feeder at least 8 or 9 times throughout the day.  Obviously these are not the best of course as they were taken through my rather dirty window (which I had just cleaned, but it has been raining buckets here), but I do think they show up his beautiful blue feathers rather nicely.
 Late this afternoon, just as my work day was becoming beyond tedious and the end of my day could not come soon enough, I got a little surprise!
Mr Blue Jay had brought a friend with him!
Hello Mrs Blue Jay!
What a delight and a beautiful way to end my day.

I do hope all is well with you this week!

Thank you for stopping by.

Toodles....L x 


4 comments:

  1. How fabulous. I have never seen a Blue Jay or a Cardinal. I saw a photo of a Cardinal on and friends blog and thought it was a pottery bird, so bright were the colours. The wing feathers on the Blue Jay look like a mosaic.
    I have a robin's nest near my window. They are back and forth all day. I can now here the babies cheep when a parent returns with goodies. I have to keep the glass door shut as one of the parents flew into it and got a shock.
    The door is not that clean either (water stains, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birds! We don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I very much appreciate your comments.