Thursday, February 12, 2015

Feb 12 - More Little Furniture


Hello! 
Happy Thursday almost the end of the week. 
This was going to be a post about knitting my first sock, but last night 'turning the heel' turned into 'turning an almost sock back into a ball of sock wool' followed by tears, feet stomping and a little temper tantrum.  Not surprisingly, sock knitting is on hold.
 
 
So, onto something a little more positive.
The other day the Mister and I were both off work so we took a little trip over the mountain and over the above very very frozen lake (Lake Youghiogheny to be precise) to Pennsylvania seeking out a new and exciting flea market.  I have to tell you we left to sunny skies, reached the top of the first mountain and encountered a blizzard, drove down the mountain to blue skies and a frozen lake.  It was quite the adventure.
 


The flea market/antique store was brimming with treasures at very affordable prices.  The Mister and I declared it a little piece of flea market heaven.  We will definitely be going back, perhaps when there is less snow in the forecast.


I found this sweet, but absolutely filthy, little dresser. I bit like the one I found last year.  I'm not sure what I fell in love with first, the sweet little decals or the beautiful tiny glass drawer knobs.  At first I feared they might be new, but no, they are definitely not.  The screw that holds them in place is well and truly rusted in place. It's quite fragile and missing one dowel rod between the drawers, but the Mister is confident that can be repaired.  He feared I may want to paint it or sand it, but I love it just the way it is!
The Mister also found a treasure, it was already marked down to an incredibly low price and without haggling the owner took even more off the price.  Too good a deal for the Mister to pass up.
 
 Those who know me well will know exactly what it is.  ☺
A little early valentines present for me!
Photos to follow on this find....it's a beauty.
 
Hope you all have a lovely Friday!  I'll be back soon.
 
Toodles...L ♥

4 comments:

  1. Oh No! You must get back on the horse - I mean the sock needles - straight away! What went wrong with the heel? There's lots of help on YouTube, YouKnow...

    I love the little child's dressing-table - so sweet. You're right not to renovate it - just a clean and waxing I think...

    We don't have small furniture for small people any more, do we? So it's historic...

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth encountering the blizzard I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that dresser. I am lucky enough to have one that was made by my Grandmother's brother, as his apprentice, piece back in the late 1890's. It is nice to know it's history.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little piece is so sweet. I'm glad to hear that you don't paint it. And of course, you must go back to sock knitting. There must be someone who can show you how to knit the heel. Unfortunately there is an ocean between us. Good luck! Regula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I very much appreciate your comments.