Thursday, February 27, 2014

This & That








 
Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been thinking about my blog lately, but honestly didn't think I've had anything remotely interesting to say.  So I'll summarize the last few weeks:
  • The weather has been up and down, snow, snow and more snow, then 60's on the weekend, mega snow melting going on with water everywhere you don't want it and the polar vortex is back today so all that water is now frozen solid - fun times.  NOT.  Please spring, hurry up!
  • The Mister has installed a new light in the stairwell.  After 15 years of begging and falling down the stairs, the light is in. I love it.
  • I've been sewing and swearing.  ALOT.  Sewing that is, swearing only a little, because these little dresses can be fiddly as all get out.  But they are CUTE.  Thinking (?) opening a little shop, but probably won't.  Far too critical of my work unfortunately.
  • Making things girly in the living room, or as I like to call it Xbox central.  The second TV that was relocated to the living room over Christmas is STILL there. No chance now I'll ever get to watch Downton on the big screen again, just my little Ipad.  Not that it matters now since it's finished now, for another year. 12 more months to work on reclaiming the big TV.  Best get cracking on it.
  • Thrifty.  I've found a lovely collection of Fire King cups and saucers over the last few months. I love them and I should probably take them out of the fancy stuff cupboard and use them.  The plate however is too nice to risk to my ever increasing tendency to drop things.
  • Secreted in the back of the fancy cupboard I found this tiny silver bunny. I forgot I had him.  He's too cute.  Actually, I think he's a hare, more than a bunny.
So that's it really.  Not much to say.  No yarny stuff going on, other than spilling over out of baskets in every corner of the house.

What's new with you?  All is well I hope.

Must be off!  Back to work....uggghhhh....

Toodles...L x ♥

3 comments:

  1. just looked back through your recent blogs (which I have missed) and seen all that snow. We haven't even had one flake just tons of rain.
    Love your little silver hare, Many years ago I enjoyed knitting and sewing (by hand) clothes for my doll and teddy. My fingers are not so nimble these days.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise I am so glad that you are back with us as we have really missed you. You have been busy and I adore the little dresses but think I would be doing more than swearing if I was sewing them so well done you! Love all your finds and photographs - have a wonderful weekend Louise and please stay with us this time. Big hugs and loves to you
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise
    love the light well worth the 15 year wait!! the dresses are delightful, great use for the patchwork fabric and those small prints. Hope you dont have to wait too long for Spring, which (touch wood) seems to have arrived here, as Im thinking of getting my bicycle out.
    louise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I very much appreciate your comments.